Thursday, June 29, 2006

Ladies and Gentlemen... Dan Campos

I've had the pleasure of working with Dan Campos for almost five years now. It's funny to see that printed up here because it really doesn't feel like it's been that long.

I remember seeing his work for the first time on the Digital Webbing boards. I was so impressed with his stuff I figured he would have already had offers from publishers and wanna be's out the wazoo. Still, I took the chance and fired off a quick email to introduce myself and see if he might be interested in working on something... anything... together. I was blown away when I got a reply saying that I was the first person to approach him about doing any kind of serious work and what did I have in mind? We've been tinkering on projects back and forth ever since.

I already know this entry is going to embarrass the hell out of him so I figured I might as well kick it up a notch with this blast from the past here...




The ladies name is Stiletto and she's my femme fatale assassin from my crime concept called 'Slight' of Hand about magicians as mobsters. Dan took my idea and nailed it in this one and only design layout. She debuted in a short in DWP #13 and one day I hope to bring her and the rest of the 'Slight' crew back.

Currently Dan and I are working on several things including a second DIVAS book for JMP Management, a few superhero concepts called Prometheus' Fire and The Cardinal and we hope to start work on a very big project later this year. One that will probably be the biggest of our short careers at this point.

I've added Dan's DeviantArt page to my links to the right. Check em out if you have the chance and let him know what an amazing artist he is.

Till next time...

4 Comments:

At June 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

amazin work as always ian.. the art work is incredible to say the least.. keep your work comming as well as those of the very talented artists whom seem to be always offering new and incredible works for us to gander over and drool over !!.. Fae.

 
At July 01, 2006, Blogger Ian Ascher said...

Thanks Fae.... I'm glad you like the work both I, and my artists keep producing. Keep checking back for a lot of new and different projects and ideas in the weeks ahead and always feel free to post any thoughts and ideas.

 
At July 01, 2006, Blogger EJ Morges said...

This is a brilliant illustration!
I look forward to seeig more!

 
At December 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it!
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home