Sunday, June 03, 2007

Weekend Update

It's been a while since I've actually taken a few moments to update everyone on my current projects as a writer. Everything has been in such a state of flux since my surgery almost eight months ago that it didn't pay to announce things here only to see them change or disappear a week later. However, some things have been coming together and it looks like 2007 isn't going to be a dead year for me project wise. Here's a quick list of what I know should be in print before the end of the year...

The Last Paladin: The character and concept I created this site for in the first place will have a six page chapter published in the final issue of Digital Webbing Presents at the end of the year. This was Mahmud's final chapter before moving on to illustrate Dynamo 5 from Image Comics. (A book I've neglected to help pimp for my good friend) I'm also putting together a small book full of sketches and concept art for The Last Paladin. Most of the work will be Mahmud's but look for a few surprises as well. It should be out in time for Mid-Ohio later this year.

Iron Sirens: Some of you who know me know a few years back I put out a book called Project Trinity: Divas with Dan Campos and Stacie Ponder. It stared several of the most popular IFBB Fitness and Figure models, managed by JM Manion of the NPC (National Physique Commity) in a sci-fi/action style comic book adventure. The book got national attention in every major bodybuilding magazine and on a local Fox Sports show dedicated to fitness. We always wanted to do more but schedules got jacked around and it floundered. After a lot of talking and planning and thinking, JM Manion and I, teamed up with Ed Dukeshire at Digital Webbing and coming your way this fall is Iron Sirens, a full color comic featuring fitness and figure models as the actual characters. it'll be released on a quarterly schedule, feature a min of 16 pages of comics each issue and the rest will be filled out with photos and info on the girls involved. In addition to comic stores, these books will be sold at major bodybuilding shows and expos like the Arnold Classic and the Olympia.

Jackie D: Created by my good friend Uko Smith about ten years ago, this is one of his ideas that he's sat on forever and ever as he's cut his teeth on other projects in the art world. If he's telling me the truth, he's finally started illustrating the small script he asked me to write to introduce this tough as nails private eye. (Now you HAVE to do it Uko... HA!)

From the Stack: Similar to the Last Paladin sketchbook mentioned above, I'm going to try and put out a second book that will showcase projects and concepts I never got off the ground for one reason or another. Artwork for the first collection will feature Dario Carrasco, Dan Campos, and Scott Lemien. This is some cool stuff and even though it may never be completed I think people might enjoy seeing some of the creative process and ideas my artists and I come up with.

So that's it for now. I have more... a lot more... in the works but right now this is all I feel safe talking about. We don't want to jinx it now do we...?

Till next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home