Thursday, July 20, 2006

Wicked Angel Update


Those of you who stop by on a regular basis know several weeks back I posted some information on an up-coming project of mine called Codename: Wicked Angel.

Illustrated by Dan Campos, inked by Shaynne Corbett, and colored by Joel Seguin, the eight page story is set to be a back up tale in an issue of Digital Webbing Presents this fall.

While this is a project very close to me, I was never sure what kind of a life it would have beyond this one single issue. When I started it over seven years ago we wanted to shop it around and see if any one would pick it up. "Bad girls" in comics were still the craze and this book fit right in. We thought for sure it would sell. It probably would have too if it weren't for one crazy thing after another keeping us from getting this out.

Being so involved in this project I would love to see it go on in some form or another beyond this first story. Now that wish may become a reality.

I dont want to say too much more because I subscribe to the jinx factor when it comes to projects. I've been involved in more than my fair share of them. Regardless, keep your eyes out for more Codename: Wicked Angel info here and on Digital Webbing as it happens.

In the meantime, enjoy this alternate cover design by the amazing Dan Campos.

3 Comments:

At July 22, 2006, Blogger EJ Morges said...

Is Grace still attached to this? The drawing bears a likeness to her.

Great work Dan!

 
At July 24, 2006, Blogger Ian Ascher said...

Grace is indeed still the inspiration and the main character for Codename: Wicked Angel.

It's been a long hard road getting this project to see the light of day. I cant recall how many false starts and artists have been attached to the project over the nearly eight years since I met Grace and we started talking about doing this.

Here's hoping this isnt the end of the road either.

 
At July 25, 2006, Blogger EJ Morges said...

Cool!
I hope that this inspires more too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home