Sunday, July 02, 2006

BOMBSHELL


Bombshell is a project I put together in late 2005 and early 2006 with a very talented artist and friend Uko Smith and the absolutely amazing IFBB Pro Colette Nelson. It's an eight page sci-fi superhero tale, her origin in fact, followed by eight pages of photos by the great Dan Ray.

Colette has been a friend of mine for several years and even though we only see each other briefly once, maybe twice a year, we still manage to keep in contact via email and phone. Knowing my creative background, at some point our conversation turned to producing a comic book based on her likeness. It's a project I've wanted to do for some time but I never had the artist to do it justice. Enter Uko Smith...

Uko had posted a few pin-ups on the Digital Webbing boards. From there I found his site and discovered he lived and worked about 15 minutes away from me in Columbus, Ohio. We struck up a conversation and quickly discovered we had several things in common, including a great admiration for strong women like Colette. I pitched him the idea and he loved it.

Over the last few months of 2005 and into 2006 we worked to get the book ready for the Arnold Classic the first weekend in March of this year. There were a few times I know I drove Uko insane with my paranoid ramblings badgering to make sure everything was done for the big debut. It went down to the wire but we managed to have a good chunk of the 500 copy print run ready in time.

Anyone interested in learning more about my good friend Colette can check out her website at: http://www.colettenelson.com/ where you can buy signed copies of the book in her on-line store.

For anyone interested in the art of Uko Smith... stay tuned for future updates.

3 Comments:

At July 03, 2006, Blogger EJ Morges said...

This is awesome!
What a body on Colette!

I have a character named Bombshell too though she has some very differnt Physical Features than of the abundantly athletic Ms.(?) Nelson.

How much are the copies, I'd like to own one if they are still aailable.
EJ

 
At July 04, 2006, Blogger Ian Ascher said...

Copies are $10 autographed on Colette's site. Through me they're $5.

Anyone who wants the unsigned book can drop me a line here with their email and I'll get them more info.

 
At February 16, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home